We are one of the leading regional Fine Art Auctioneers offering a professional service to our clients and are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Accounts Manager to work in our busy Nottingham office.
Do you have aspirations of developing your career within a reputable firm of Auctioneers in Nottingham? If so, this could be the perfect position for you. Ideally you will have at least 4 years’ experience in accounts work. You will report to the Company Director and Secretary.
Role and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing the auctioneering system, reconciling all sales and ensuring payments are made to vendors promptly.
- Dealing with general and accounting queries from clients.
- Managing the company bank accounts ensuring all receipts and payments are correctly accounted for and reconciled on a monthly basis, including the setting up of payments due to suppliers and other organisations.
- Managing the sales ledger, raising invoices and following up the collection of outstanding debts.
- Managing the purchase ledger, posting supplier invoices and reconciling balances to supplier statements as necessary.
- Managing the VAT, ensuring VAT is applied at the correct rate and submission of VAT returns to HMRC on a timely basis.
- Manage petty cash.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for presentation to the Director.
- Liasing with the external Accountants regarding the preparation of the year end Statutory Accounts.
- Other ad hoc tasks at the request of the Company Director or Secretary.
- Ability to communicate and establish professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage own time.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft office).
- Experience of Sage 50
- Experience of EasyLive auctioneering system
Job Type: Permanent, full time, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
Location: The Auction House, Gregory Street, Nottingham NG7 2NL
Salary: Market rate commensurate with experience and pension.
Start date: November 2021
Closing date: 30 September 2021
If you feel that you can fulfil this role, please contact us on 0115 979 0000 or email Martha Parvin on email@example.com